bitmap knitting


I went to the maker faire the other day and it was awesome! One of my favourite things there was this machine knitting stand run my Sally Kentfield from Creative Machine Knitting . They even let me have a go!!!
First I drew a picture of what I wanted to knit and we scanned it in. The program did its clever thing and converted my picture to stitches.


Then I had to drag the handle from side to side making sure it went all the way across the knitting area.


This is what it looks like from the back


Sally unhooked it from the machine and this I what we made!!! It's awesome and I love it! I've ironed on some interfacing to hold it flat and now it's waiting to be used in another project!


2 comments:

  1. HI Liz,
    Really glad you enjoyed Maker faire :-)
    Can't wait to see pics of what you use you knitting piece for!
    Sam (the one who was not sally at bitmap machine knitting but was wearing a top hat)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was awesome! This was definitely one of my favourite things there. Thanks for letting me have a go! I still haven't decided what to do with it yet....

      xxx

      Delete