Nexus cover









































I got a nexus for Christmas! (Second hand of course.) So naturally I had to make a cover for it. Good job too as I've been hoarding a whole load of Sewing Cafe fabric for a while and have had no idea what to do with it. Anyway, I made this.


It was super easy to make. I used:

-1 fat quater of pretty fabric
- 20 cm strip of felt
- 1m bias tape or ribbon






































1) Cut a 16.5 x 50cm strip from both your pretty fabric and your felt
2) Iron and sew your bias tape in half length ways so you get a long ribbon.
3) Place your fabric right sides together with the ribbon in between them. A little bit should poke through the top edge.
4) Sew most of the way around, leaving a gap big enough to turn it the right way around.
5) Turn the right way out and iron!
6) Get your nexus and fold the fabric so that it covers it. Sew up the edges (I had to hand stitch this as it was a bit thick for my machine). Iron again!
Done!



No comments:

Post a Comment