pesto pasta

So, I'm veganing it up nowadays and it's super fun. It's giving me a reason to try new things and I like it! I've seen a lot of funky vegan recipes in the internet but they often contain things that I've never heard of before, in particular 'nutritional yeast'. It sounds crazy and gross but it's actually kinda cool. It has a cheesy taste without all of the fat! Sweet. I had a look in town for some but I couldn't find any. However, We went on an adventure at the weekend and found a really cool shop called The Honey Tree and they had some. Yay! So this is my first recipe using it. I think it's resulted in the best pesto I've ever made.

- Pasta
- Courgette
- Green Pepper
- Some frozen spinach
- 2 cups basil
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper

1) Boil the pasta
2) Fry the courgette, pepper and spinach
3) Whiz the rest in a blender to make the pesto
4) When everything is cooked, mix it all together.

Eat it aaaaaaaallllll! hehehe!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment