My Favourite Cook Books






















One of my favourite things to do is cook (pretty obvious from the food blog huh?) so I thought I'd share some of my fave cook books with you. Being a vegetarian doesn't mean that I only buy veggie cook books. In fact, I hardly have any! They always seem to have the same stuff in them; vegetable lasagne, stuffed mushrooms, goats cheese tarts etc. Yummy foods of course but I know how to cook them already. I much prefer getting a cookbook by a great chef and adapting their meaty recipes (I'm going to write a post about how I do this soon!)



























My absolute favouritest chef ever is Jamie Oliver. Not only does he cook fast, tasty food but he is on a mission to save the world! (Well at least to teach people how to eat better). All of his books are great but "Jamie's 15 minute meals" is the business. Easily the best cook book ever. Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstal's "Veg Everyday" comes a close second. So many noms. He's great too because his food is much more seasonal than Jamie's - much better for the environment! Sophie Dahl does this too. Her meals are nice and light. the Cook Vegetarian magazines are also great for seasonal cooking and they keep me updated with what's available/trendy at the mo. Delia's vegetarian collection is basically a veggie bible and cheesetastic to boot. For those of you who love to bake, you need look no further than the Humming Bird Bakery.

No comments:

Post a Comment